The holiday season’s beloved “Candlelight Processional” is returning this year and the first hosts have been announced, plus details for this year’s holiday kitchen foods.
The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays features cultural holiday traditions, seasonal foods and costumed storytellers from the 11 nations around World Showcase.
The event with take place from November 26th through December 30th in 2021.
This year will mark the triumphant return of the popular Candlelight Processional.
This heartwarming production at America Gardens Theatre features the Voices of Liberty and a choir of Disney cast members, a live orchestra, and a retelling the traditional Christmas story.
As in years’ past, celebrity narrators will lead each show, and some names have been officially announced. See the list below along with their show dates, but more names will be announced later.
- Chita Rivera – Nov 29 through Dec 1
- Jodi Benson – Dec 2 through Dec 4
- Alton Fitzgerald White – Dec 5 through Dec 7
- Lisa Ling – Dec 11 through Dec 13
- Steven Curtis Chapman – Dec23 through Dec 25
- Blair Underwood – Dec 26 through Dec 28
- Pat Sajak – Dec 29 through Dec 30
During the festival, holiday traditions of the world come to life around World Showcase, such as:
- Las Posadas at the Mexico pavilion
- Canadian Holiday Voyageurs in the Canada pavilion
- Chinese Lion Dance celebrating the new year in the China pavilion
- A Hanukkah storyteller along the promenade and delightful holiday storytellers in France, Italy, Japan, Norway and the United Kingdom
- And outside The American Adventure, you can wave hello to Santa Claus as he gets ready for the big day.
Holiday Kitchens will cook up traditional recipes from around the world, from slow-roasted turkey and holiday pot pie to pumpkin gingerbread cheesecake and peppermint sundaes.
A new offering, “Chestnuts & Good Cheer Holiday Kitchen,” will offer fire-roasted chestnuts and cinnamon-glazed almonds and cashews.
Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition Scavenger Hunt will be returning for this year’s event. Search for Olaf and the holiday traditions he has gathered from around the world. Purchase the map and stickers from select festival merchandise locations to participate.
EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays arrives November 26th and will run through December 30th. All entertainment is included in your general theme park admission.