Here’s our guide to the special food and beverage offerings for the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World, and all their EARidescent shimmer.
To help celebrate the 50th anniversary for the Walt Disney World Resort, the culinary teams are looking to the past and the future for inspiration.
You will find that many of the new food and drink offerings for the resort’s 18-month anniversary celebration have actually been inspired by Walt Disney himself, as well as existing and extinct attractions, some of the resort’s popular characters and more.
Even some nostalgic dishes from 1971 will serve as inspiration for the creative and whimsical food and beverage specially made for “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.”
- The Toad Burger (Friar’s Nook) – Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride inspired this whimsical brat burger that includes a pickle slice representing the toad’s tongue and two olives as his eyes, evoking Mr. Toad’s fun-loving, adventurous nature.
- Pressed Penny Silk Pie (Casey’s Corner) – A chocolate tart shell, silky chocolate filling, whipped cream and a chocolate-pressed penny make up this treat, themed to one of Walt’s favorite desserts and the popular pressed-coin machines throughout the parks.
- 50th Celebration Hot Dog (Casey’s Corner) – All-beef hot dog topped with strawberry bacon jam, crisp funnel cake pieces, and powdered sugar
- Squids Revenge (Be Our Guest Restaurant) – A michelada with a salted rim and charred octopus and cucumber garnish showcases an attraction from opening day – 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea – and its iconic giant squid.
- Royal 50th Celebration Flight (Cinderella’s Royal Table) – Flight of Enchantée Champagne – a blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunière (Enchantée Champagne is sold exclusively at the Walt Disney World Resort)
- Marceline Missouri Mudslide (Plaza Restaurant) – The Plaza Cone Shop opened in 1971 with popular sweet treat combinations, including a variety of milkshakes. This mudslide – a blend of vanilla porter beer, chocolate syrup, whipped cream and crispy chocolate pearls – is a special twist on a shake that pays tribute to Walt’s hometown of Marceline, Missouri.
- Cheers to 50 Years! (Plaza Restaurant) – Chocolate and vanilla ice cream, brownies, cupcakes, cookie crumbles, pretzel rods, and hot fudge topped with whipped cream, EARidescent sugar, and a Mickey pretzel drizzled with caramel and chocolate icing (serves 4-6)
- The Banana Boom (Plaza Ice Cream Parlor) – Traditional banana split topped with popping candy and a candied shooting star
- Mission to Mars (Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café) – Inspired by Tomorrowland’s Mission to Mars attraction, this burger is topped with bacon and macaroni and cheese, and served on a bun dusted with crushed cheese-flavored puffs, giving the appearance of the red planet.
- Uncle Orville Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow Sundae (Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies)– Chocolate and vanilla soft-serve, brownie pieces, hot fudge, and whipped cream topped with red, white, and blue sprinkles served in a “bathtub”
- Walt’s Favorites on the Buffet (The Crystal Palace) – Chicken fried steak, New York strip steak, pork chops, and more!
- Happy Haunts Milkshake (Columbia Harbor House) – This blackberry milkshake topped with a purple chocolate-glazed and black-sprinkled doughnut honors the grim grinning ghosts of the Haunted Mansion.
- Veranda Fried Rice (Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen) – Spicy chili-garlic shrimp served over pork fried rice with eggs and peas (from the original Verandah Restaurant menu)
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake (Sunshine Seasons) – One of Walt’s favorite chocolate desserts gets all dressed up for the celebration with EARidescent shimmer and sprinkles, plus a chocolate 50th anniversary garnish.
- EARidescent Croissant Doughnut (EPCOT Experience) – The fan-favorite treat makes its festive return to EPCOT with an EARidescent shimmer from blue icing and sprinkles.
- Key Lime Tart (Coral Reef Restaurant) – with toasted meringue, EARidescent shimmer, sprinkles, and chocolate garnish
- Chocolate Mousse Bar (Le Cellier Steakhouse) – Dark chocolate mousse, caramel cookie pieces, milk chocolate shell, and chocolate shortbread cookie
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake (Sunshine Seasons) – Mini chocolate Bundt cake with chocolate ganache, sprinkles, and icing dusted with EARidescent shimmer and chocolate 50th anniversary garnish
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Filet Mignon with Walt’s Hash (The Hollywood Brown Derby) – A distinctly Walt-inspired meal, featuring grilled filet mignon atop Walt’s signature roast beef hash with a fried egg.
- Glimmer and Shimmer Pineapple Mousse (Trolley Car Café) – A golden pineapple mousse on a toasted coconut crisp with caramel cream and matcha sponge cake that is shaped like a pineapple. The pineapple is considered a symbol of hospitality, so not only does this dessert represent the Disney philosophy, it also features the golden shimmer and glimmer of the 50th
- Shimmer over the Moon (The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge, Oasis Canteen, Sunshine Day Bar, Animation Bar)– Apple pie moonshine, amaretto, falernum, pineapple juice, and club soda served with a souvenir glow cube
- Chocolate Mousse (ABC Commissary) – Raspberry-dark chocolate mousse, chocolate-almond cake, and a layer of hazelnut crunch and whipped chocolate-hazelnut cheesecake
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Hand-dipped 50th Celebration Mickey Premium Bar (Drinkwallah) – Our classic Nestlé Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar dipped in blue raspberry-flavored coating with celebration sprinkles and a little bit of pixie dust
- Cheese Fries with Walt’s Chili and Walt’s Favorite Chili on Foot-long Hot Dog (Restaurantosaurus) – Two of the restaurant’s nostalgic fan favorites, hot dogs and fries, topped with Walt’s favorite chili.
- 50th Celebration Chocolate Gâteau (Tiffins) – Paying homage to Walt’s favorite chocolate desserts, this decadent delight features a cinnamon-chocolate gâteau, almond praline, ganache and chocolate cream liqueur sauce.
- 50th Celebration Petit Cake (Amorette’s Patisserie) – A delicious dessert with beautiful storytelling, featuring a vanilla chiffon cake with celebration blue mousse, blueberry jam and lemon curd. The cake’s sugar texture décor evokes Bernstein amber from Neuschwanstein, Germany, a tribute to the German Castle Neuschwanstein that inspired Cinderella Castle, while the lemon flavor was one of Walt’s favorites. Not only does the petit cake nod to the past, it is also decorated with the celebration’s signature EARidescent shimmer.
- 50th Celebration Chocolate Bundle (The Ganachery) – These unique chocolates celebrate 50 years of magical sights, smells, tastes and sounds with their rich colors, sweet aromas, complementary flavors and playful crunch. The chocolate bar includes milk chocolate, caramel and crispies, while the square includes cake ganache and sprinkles, enrobed in dark chocolate and decorated with a shimmering castle design.
- Chocolate Pigñata (Frontera Cocina) – Chocolate shell filled with cajeta mousse, tender cake (infused with whiskey & vanilla), crumble of chipotle bacon, candied orange, and Maria cookies. Yes, there’s a mallet to break your piñata! Serves two.
- Sweet Nostalgia Pineapple Upside-Down Cake (The BOATHOUSE) – Pineapple upside-down cake with caramel glazed with Chantilly cream
- Whimsical White Chocolate Mousse (Terralina Crafted Italian) – White chocolate mousse with salted caramel and cotton candy
- Caramel Banana Chocolate Sphere (Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill) – Dark chocolate sphere, vanilla pudding, banana caramel compote, gold dust, and chocolate pearls
Disney Resort Hotels
- 50th Anniversary Vintage Minnie’s Brown Betty Profiterole (Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa) – A cream puff that harkens to the past, resembling Minnie Mouse’s vintage hat and filled with one of Walt’s favorite flavors, cinnamon-spiced apples and Chantilly cream.
- 50th Celebration Soufflé (Disney’s Contemporary Resort) – A timeless orange-flavored liqueur soufflé with orange-flavored liqueur-scented crème anglaise.
- Chicken Dinner Cupcake Trio (Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground) – Fort Wilderness has served more than 10 million chicken dinners, and this homage of a dessert features fried chicken-apple fritters with apple pie moonshine filling and vanilla buttercream.
- Braised Lamb Shank (Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort) – An elevated meat-and-potatoes meal, with braised lamb shank, potato purée, rosemary-roasted garlic gravy, huckleberry jam and English peas.
- Spam-Cheddar Biscuits (Olivia’s Cafe, Disney’s Old Key West Resort) – With white gravy and drizzled with honey
- 50th Celebration Tart (The Market at Ale & Compass, Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts) – Birthday cake mousse dome on top of a milk chocolate mousse-filled vanilla tart shell with mini chocolate crisp pearls, buttercream, fondant, and chocolate décor
- Petit Stump Cake (Roaring Fork, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge) – Chocolate cake with birthday cake buttercream filling surrounded by chocolate “bark” fondant topped with 50th anniversary chocolate coin
- 50th Celebration Cupcake (Le Petit Café, Disney’s Riviera Resort) – Vanilla cupcake, cake-flavored mousse, and caramel-buttercream icing garnished with crisp pearls, 50th anniversary sprinkles, and a whimsical gold Mickey
- 50th Celebration Cupcake (Capt. Cook’s, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort) – Vanilla cupcake with DOLE Whip pineapple center, tropical fruit salsa, and pineapple macaron
- Magical Beacon Cocktail – The specialty 50th anniversary cocktail, found at many table-service restaurants, lounges and pool bars across Walt Disney World, features a delicious mix of gin, blue Curacao, Minute Maid®Premium Lemonade, berry, orgeat, lemon, hibiscus grenadine and a souvenir glow cube.
- EARidescent Sip-a-bration – The specialty non-alcoholic mocktail, found at many table-service restaurants, lounges and pool bars across Walt Disney World, includes Minute Maid® Premium Lemonade served in a novelty 50th anniversary cup. The drink also includes a special surprise ingredient, shaped like Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto or Donald Duck, that, when stirred into the drink, brings a magical change of color and flavor and a sprinkling of pixie dust.
More than a dozen novelty items developed for the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary are available beginning Oct. 1, 2021, with more new items expected throughout the remainder of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.”
Novelty items, including popcorn buckets, mugs and sippers, are featured across the theme parks, resorts, water parks and Disney Springs.