Disneyland: Work Agreement Reached with Cast Member Unions
Disneyland has reached a work agreement with 11 Cast Member Unions to bring workers back to the resort when California state officials allow.
According to the Orange County Register, 11 unions who represent the majority of Disneyland Cast Members have signed agreements that allow the resort to bring back staff as soon as possible.
The agreement was signed with Workers United Local 50, the resort’s second-largest union.
It has also been revealed that new health and safety measures for Disneyland Cast Members will be provided including free Coronavirus testing if required by the employee.
Workers United Local 50 posted on Facebook highlights from the discussions and agreement with Disneyland Resort:
- Recall from furlough will be done by scheduling group, classification, and classification seniority order.
- Leads, Trainers, some premium positions, and some Carthay Circle classifications will be recalled separately with restrictions.
- Notification of recall will be by telephone at least 7 days in advance.
- If the first phone call wasn’t answered, there will be another call 45 minutes later to follow up.
- If you’re unable to return to work you can decline and if you don’t respond to calls within 3 days you will remain on furlough. The company will move to the next person in seniority order.
- If you change your mind about returning, you may request to be recalled on the next wave of recalls.
- If you have to isolate yourself or miss work because of work, you will not receive any points and will be paid.
- Cast will be subject to health screenings when they report to work. If a temperature reads above 100.4 degrees, cast members will be sent home with report pay.
Subscribe for Email Updates
Get the latest updates for Disney, Universal and more straight into your inbox! No spam of course! 😊
Tom is a theme park fanatic hailing all the way across the pond in the United Kingdom.
After visiting and experiencing everything that the theme park's offer in the UK, he has concluded his favourite to be Alton Towers located in Staffordshire.