Disneyland Resort is welcoming guests back at the Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa on April 29, a day before Disneyland is reopening.
Guests will be able to make a room reservation from April 15 to relax with an overnight stay enjoying attentive service in a magical place with amenities reserved.
Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will reopen at a later date yet to be announced by the resort.
“Bringing the same enchanting Disney magic, quality and genuine hospitality you have come to know and expect, you will enjoy convenient proximity to the theme parks, well-appointed accommodations, sparkling pools, cabana service and even special Disney character wake-up calls by request!”
“During your stay, be sure to grab a delicious bite and refreshing drink at GCH Craftsman Bar and Grill or at Hearthstone Lounge, with sit-down dining and new mobile order options available.”
What you need to know if you’re booking a stay
- Check-in online before you arrive at the hotel to save you time, while also promoting physical distancing (you can even check-in online up to five days in advance!). A link to use the online check-in service will be emailed to you before your visit. If you don’t have a Disney account, you’ll need to create one at Disneyland.com to get started.
- Review the new Health & Safety Acknowledgement prior to your arrival. This is located on the Hotels “Know Before You Go” webpage.
- Once you arrive, if you have used the online check-in service and have agreed to receive text messages, you can receive a text message when your room is ready. Just stop by the Front Desk to pick up your key. For easy and contactless payments throughout your stay, you can pay for purchases at Disney-operated locations throughout the Resort using your hotel room key with a valid credit card on file. Other forms of cashless payment include debit cards, credit cards, Disney Gift Cards, and tap-to-pay cards. Please check locations for the types of payment accepted.
- Download the Disneyland app, which will play a more important role than ever during your stay. It’s strongly encouraged to plan ahead and utilize mobile ordering for food and beverage purchases from select locations, as well as to check park hours, view maps, and other important resort updates. Be sure to download ahead of time, and have your notification and location services turned on your phone.
- On the morning of check-out, there is no need to visit the Front Desk, unless you receive a message or if you have a question. You will be automatically checked out for your convenience.
More information regarding the reopening of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa can be read on the Disney Parks blog.