runDisney races will return to Walt Disney World Resort this fall, starting with the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon in November.
After holding all races virtually since the start of the global pandemic, runDisney in-person races are officially starting back up this fall.
Races will start with the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend on November 4 through 7. This year’s theme will be Wickedly Delicious, celebrating Disney villains, and it will include a 5K, 10K, half marathon, and Disney Two Course Challenge (both the 10K and the half marathon).
The post-race party will include after-hours access to EPCOT and the International Food & Wine Festival.
The complete 2021-2022 season will include four events:
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend powered by AfterShokz: November 4-7, 2021
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend: January 5-9, 2022
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend: February 24-27, 2022
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend presented by Otterbox: March 31-April 3, 2022
While Disney says they’re not quite ready to bring back every element of a runDisney race weekend as COVID-19 guidelines may change, some new opportunities for runners are being added to the upcoming season:
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend: Each race season, the fourth weekend will be the runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend that will include different race themes and distances each year.
- Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga: On the first morning of the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend, runDisney will host Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga in front of Cinderella Castle, before the theme park opens. The professionally led yoga session will be the most magical way to prepare your mind and body for a race!
- Virtual Races: All runDisney races will have a virtual race option, allowing runDisney fans across the country to participate in your favorite races, even if you can’t make it to Walt Disney World to run in person. Runners will be encouraged to run on the same morning of the on-site events, and will receive the same finisher medals!
- Just for Kids: The runDisney Kids Races during each event weekend will become runDisney Kids Adventures, focused on health, fitness, and fun for kids!
The 2022 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend will be celebrating Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary and the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend will be themed around the characters’ courage and kindness.
You can learn more about runDisney race weekends and registration information at rundisney.com.