Shanghai Disneyland to Reopen on May 11
Disney announced today that Shanghai Disneyland is set to reopen on May 11, with new enhanced safety measures to keep guests safe.
Disney also states that as Shanghai Disneyland reopens, the rest of the Disney Parks around the world are busy preparing for a reopening and when the time is right, they’ll welcome guests to “explore and play, and to enjoy the lands of adventure, fantasy, tomorrow and imagination together.”
The Disney Parks Blog also shared information from Dr. Pam Hymel, Disney Parks Chief Medical Officer. Here’s some things they’re doing to help ensure the safety of guests and cast members:
- Phased reopening: looking at all of our locations and how best to begin the reopening process, including a gradual reopening and/or partial reopening of certain locations. For example, the opening of retail and dining locations prior to the opening of theme parks.
- Physical distancing and capacity measures: Implement physical distancing guidelines based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. This will likely include implementation of guest capacity measures to comply with state and federal guidelines. Using technology to aid in these efforts, like with the Play Disney Parks App and through virtual queues at Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Cleanliness and sanitization: Planning increased cleaning and disinfection, determining where that should take place (for example, in high-traffic areas), and the cleaning products and processes they’ll use.
- Screening and prevention support: Following guidance from the government and the medical community regarding enhanced screening procedures and prevention measures, including those related to personal protective equipment (PPE), such as face coverings. Some measures, like adding hand sanitizers and hand washing stations across the resorts, have already been implemented.
- Cast training: Further emphasizing the strong culture of health and safety amongst the cast members, and continuing to provide new training and reinforcement as they get closer to reopening.
For more information, check out the Disney Parks Blog.
Subscribe for Email Updates
Get the latest updates for Disney, Universal and more straight into your inbox! No spam of course! 😊
Briar is a theme park enthusiast who loves writing and covering everything about rides, merchandise, and more. She loves computers, designing websites, and loves celebrating every major milestone at a theme park.