SeaWorld San Diego’s Electric Ocean will be returning this Friday with all-new electrifying entertainment “for a summer of dazzling days and illuminating nights”.
The resort’s summer event will be bringing classic daytime experiences, a variety of new entertainment, and recharged nighttime favorites.
In a press release, SeaWorld shared that “Electric Ocean will transform the park this summer into a sea of glowing color and energy allowing guests to voyage into an exotic underwater world filled with dazzling lights, electrifying dance music, and a brilliant evening energy that sparks after the sun sets.”
“Electric Ocean is included with park admission and takes place select days and nights from June 11 through September 6.”
“Throughout the day and night, guests can experience exciting new shows and then stay late all summer and be immersed in exotic worlds of light and music while experiencing their favorite SeaWorld attractions like never before.”
“Join playful, glowing sea creatures and world-class DJs for a family-friendly dance party beneath the waves. Then end the night with Ignite, a fireworks spectacular that brings the brilliance of the sea to the sky above.”
The new attractions for this year’s event include:
- Cirque Neon World: An astounding theatrical production that features a mixture of acrobatic skills, dance, and breathtaking athletic stage performance connected with world-beat music, elaborated sets, brilliant costumes, and sensational makeup. It’s a riptide event that will definitely draw you in!
- Ignite Fireworks: Surf the wave to a whole new level with Ignite, a fireworks spectacular that brings the brilliant colors of the sea to the skies above the park. The fireworks can be seen from all around SeaWorld’s 100+ acre park. Showtimes vary during Electric Ocean evenings.
- Club Sea Glow: Get the excitement started with high-energy music as our DJ leads an all-ages dance party beneath the waves. The DJ will keep you moving all night, leading up to the start of our Ignite fireworks finale. Enjoy plenty of space to spread out and feel the music at Club Sea Glow!
- Electric Floating Acts: Come face to face with the currents of Electric Ocean: imaginative characters, artists, acrobats, and entertainers roaming all throughout the park. You will be amazed at what you see, hear, and feel!
- Stephen Fishwick’s Storytelling: World-renowned artist and entertainer Stephen Fishwick takes you into the world of live performance painting, a high-energy and fascinating display of art, music, and storytelling! Join him on a journey of creativity and a celebration of life, as he masterfully creates his vibrant work under the stars.
- Let’s Play Together: Come share an interactive play date with your favorite Sesame Street friends. Elmo, Abby, Rosita, Grover, and Cookie Monster will dance, play and sing their way to your hearts all while sharing some wonderful experiences about friendship.
- Static Shock Rock Show: Covering pop, rock, Latin and R&B hits through the decades, this band’s captivating, high-energy, electric performances, and magnetic vocals will have you swept up in the tide of musical memories.
- High Voltage Brass Band: In the style of Stomp and Blast, you’ll be immersed in a spectacle of music and motion ranging from techno-pop to rock and jazz. These energized performances will have you mesmerized and captivated from the very first note!
All-new eateries and illuminations for the event include:
- Glow Bar: Electric Ocean goers ages 21+ are invited to recharge at this vibrant outdoor lounge. Luminous cocktails, alcohol-infused fruit sorbet, and other treats will get your taste buds dancing!
- Anemone Avenue: Vibrant inflatable anemones glimmer and shimmer along the pathway, revealing the not-so-secret entryway to the hottest street party in town – Club Sea Glow!
- Moon Jellyfish Canopy: Playful moon jellyfish will tantalize you with their magical tentacles as they slowly drift through the currents.
- Laser Ref Light Show: SeaWorld San Diego caps off the night with a canopy of colors that submerges guests below the ocean in dazzling display of color and sound.
- Giants of the Deep: You’ll be in awe as you find these marvelous, larger-than-life animal installations swimming throughout the park.
- Time-Surf Tunnel: Surf through time and space to the soundtrack of SeaWorld shows past. This cosmic light tunnel invites you to dance into the vast depths of Electric Ocean and all that it has to offer!
“The best way to experience Electric Ocean at SeaWorld San Diego and all the other great events throughout the year is with a SoCal Resident Pass.”
“Starting today, Southern California residents can purchase a SoCal Resident Pass for only $9 a month which includes unlimited visits for twelve months and 50% off parking, offer is valid through June 23.”
“Those that live outside of Southern California can take advantage of tickets as low as $65.99. Please visit www.seaworldsandiego.com/tickets for more details.”
In compliance with state safety guidelines for theme parks, SeaWorld San Diego is operating with enhanced health and safety protocols for cleaning and sanitizing, physical distancing, and face covering requirements.
Per state COVID-19 restrictions, attendance is limited to California in-state visitors and out-of-state visitors who show proof of a fully completed COVID-19 vaccine.
Starting June 15, SeaWorld San Diego may return to usual operations with no COVID-19 restrictions.