Universal Orlando Resort Reveals New Jurassic World Velocicoaster
By Tom Hartley, ThemeParkShark.com Editor and Co-founder
Updated 3:10 AM EDT, Wed September 30, 2020
Universal Studios Orlando has officially announced their all-new and highly anticipated rollercoaster opening summer 2021.
In an official announcement today, Universal says that their new rollercoaster “brings to life the edge-of-your-seat excitement of Universal Pictures”.
Universal has also revealed concept art of what can be expected when the rollercoaster opens next year along with a promotional video.
The Jurassic Park Velocicoaster will be Florida’s fastest and tallest launch coaster and concepted and designed by the award-winning Universal Creative team in partnership with acclaimed filmmakers from Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment.
Universal said the new attraction “will be the world’s first coaster based on the blockbuster franchise, and will feature an original story that expands upon the thrills, dinosaurs, and environments fans have seen on the big screen.”
The rollercoaster is set to span more than 4,700ft of track and reaching heights of up to 155ft. Here are the key points from Universal’s press release:
- Accelerate through two pulse-pounding launches, the fastest reaching 70 mph in 2.4 seconds
- Encounter a one-of-a-kind, 360-degree barrel roll right above the Islands of Adventure lagoon
- Experience a zero-gravity inverted stall that will send riders upside down across 100 feet of track in a jaw-dropping maneuver that is the first of its kind
- Go airborne during the towering “Top Hat,” which propels riders 155 feet in the air and then immediately into an 80-degree drop – Universal’s steepest drop yet
- Brace for a total of 12 heart-pounding seconds of airtime – the thrilling sensation of weightlessness riders feel when they’re lifted from their seats – throughout the entire adventure
Subscribe for Email Updates
Get the latest updates for Disney, Universal and more straight into your inbox! No spam of course! 😊
TagsNew attractions Velocicoaster
Tom is a theme park fanatic hailing all the way across the pond in the United Kingdom.
After visiting and experiencing everything that the theme park's offer in the UK, he has concluded his favourite to be Alton Towers located in Staffordshire.