Universal Studios in Orlando has released a refresh of their face mask policy to fix a loophole that allowed guests to remove their masks and keep them off.
The previous policy allowed guests to remove their masks for eating and drinking.
Since Universal has experienced guests abusing this in order to keep their masks off for the majority of the day, they have issued the following update.
What is considered an appropriate facial covering for my visit?
An appropriate face covering for a visit to Universal Orlando must fit the following criteria:
- Must cover your nose and mouth and be secured under your chin
- Must fit snugly against the side of your face and be secured with ear loops or secured around your head
- Must be at least two-ply (consist of at least two layers)
The following are NOT permitted at Universal Orlando:
- Face coverings with exhalation valves
- Face coverings that are not secured with ear loops or secured around your head
- Face coverings that include mesh material or holes of any kind
- Costume masks or veils, per our costume guidelines
Where can I purchase a face covering? Are they available in various sizes?
Face coverings are available for purchase at select merchandise locations in CityWalk and the theme parks, and they are available in various sizes.
What about face coverings when guests are eating?
Guests must wear face coverings at all times, unless they are actively eating or drinking, and they must also be socially distanced from other travel parties while consuming their food or beverage.
Inside restaurants, we have arranged tables and seating so that guests can safely remove their face coverings while enjoying their dining experience.