Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras 2021 Food Guide
This year Universal Studios Florida has brought the fun and international flavors to the entire theme park for their first fully-fledged food festival!
Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval is going on now through March 28th at Universal Studios Florida. Due to safety concerns there will not be a parade this year, but you can still see all of the colorful floats on display around the park—including people throwing beads from them!
Another aspect of this year’s event that is making it stand out from years prior, is the way they’re doing the food offerings. Rather than only focusing on flavors from New Orleans and only offering event foods from a single courtyard area, the park has exploded with offerings from around the world, and located throughout the park!
With food and drinks inspired by the carnavals and special events from around the world, you can sample flavors from Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, Germany, Spain and other regions including, of course, New Orleans.
Prices and locations for all of the booths are listed below, but you can purchase a Tasting Lanyard to save money, especially if you plan on sampling a lot of dishes or are ordering for two or more people. A 10 item lanyard is $55 plus tax, or passholders can also purchase a 15 item lanyard for $65 plus tax!
Located in the Music Plaza Stage and Battery Park area (across from Transformers,) the New Orleans booths offer some of the French Quarter classics Universal’s Mardi Gras has become known for, along with some new surprises.
- Crawfish Boil(GF)- $10.99 Mix bag of crawfish, andouille, red bliss potatoes, corn on the cob
- Shrimp Boil(GF)- $10.99 Mix bag of shrimp, andouille, red bliss potatoes, corn on the cob
- Crawfish & Shrimp Boil(GF)- $12.99 Mix bag of shrimp, andouille, red bliss potatoes, corn on the cob
- Jambalaya(GF)- $5.99 Mixed rice with andouille, shrimp, chicken, peppers, tomatoes
- Muffaletta Sandwich – $7.99 Mortadella, salami, ham, mozzarella cheese, olive relish on a toasted bun
- Shrimp Gumbo – $5.49 New Orleans style gumbo with Gulf shrimp, bacon, andouille sausage, okra, bell peppers
- Etouffee – $5.49 New Orleans style creamy stew with crawfish, bell peppers, white rice
- Beignets(V)- $5.99 Sweet fried pastry with powdered sugar
- Andouille Twisted Tater(GF)- $10.99 Stuffed Cajun twisted tater, sausage (Add andouille queso for $2.00)
- Twisted Tater(GF, VG)- $7.99 Flavored with Cajun spices
- Abita Purple Haze – $5.00
- Tropical Storm Punch – $6.00
- King Cake Milk Punch – $6.00
- Bloody Mary $7.00 / $18.00
Located in front of Cafe La Bamba near the Horror Make Up Show, the Spain booth is serving up a few traditional dishes and paired wines.
- Paella Mixta(GF)- $5.99 Saffron yellow rice, chorizo, squid, mussels, shrimp
- Charcuterie – $6.99 A traditional platter of Spanish meats and cheese, olives, grapes, lavosh
- Leche Frita(V)- $5.49 Crispy fried with condensed milk, vanilla, cinnamon
- Pinord “La Dama” Cava – $5.00
- Don Olegurio Albarino – $7.00
- Hacienda de Arinzano Rosé – $7.00
- Hazaña Viñas Viejas Rioja – $7.00
Trinidad and Tobago
You can find the Trinidad and Tobago booth in the New York section between Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon and the Mardi Gras Tribute Store.
- Pholourie(VG)- $5.99 Deep fried spicy split pea dough with turmeric, curry powder and a side of tamarind chutney or powdered sugar
- Pineapple Trini Chow(VG)- $4.29 Grilled pineapple skewers, spices, micro cilantro
- Queen’s Park Swizzle – $7.00
- Carib Lager – $5.00
You can find the Italy booth in New York across from Louie’s Italian Restaurant.
- Italian Rainbow Cookie(V)- $4.49 Colorful layers of almond cake sandwiched with raspberry jam and coated in chocolate
- Cannoli(V)- $4.99 Italian pastry shell, chocolate chip cannoli cream, chocolate shavings
- Arancini(V)- $5.99 Fried risotto, wild mushrooms, truffle, parmesan cheese
- Affogato(GF, V)- $5.99
- Fantinel – $6.00
- Vietti Moscato d’Asti – $6.00
- Querceto Chianti – $5.00
- Cantina Zaccagnini Montepulciano d’Abruzzo – $5.00
Columbia is a food truck in the New York park area near Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon.
- Carnitas Arepas(GF)- $9.25 Corn meal cake pocket filled with avocado, carnitas, mayonnaise, ketchup, culantro
- Coco Loco – $5.00
- Limonada de Coco (non-alcoholic) – $4.00
Cuba is located in San Francisco across from the Fast & Furious: Supercharged exit gift shop.
- Cuban Sandwich – $7.99 Roasted pork, Serrano ham, Swiss cheese, mustard, pickles on Cuban bread served with plantain chips
- Cuban Flan(GF, V)- $4.49 Baked vanilla custard, dark caramel
- Plantain Chips(GF, VG)- $3.50
- Cuba Libre $5.00 / $6.00 / $7.00
- Cuban Coffee – $3.49
You can find the Puerto Rico booth across from the Fast & Furious: Supercharged gift shop in San Francisco.
- Pernil & Mofongo (GF)- $5.99 Roasted pork, smashed plantains, onion mojo
- Picadillo Empanada – $6.99 Picadillo beef filled fried pastry dough
- Quesito(V)- $3.99 Guava and cream cheese filled fried pastry
- Piña Verde – $7.00
The Bahamas booth can be found near the Fear Factor Live stage.
- Jerk Chicken(GF)- $7.99 Jerked marinated chicken, rice & peas, scotch bonnet salsa
- Jerk Jackfruit(GF, VG)- $7.49 Jerked marinated jack fruit, rice & peas, scotch bonnet salsa
- Goombay Smash – $7.00
- Carib Lager – $5.00
Located in the KidZone area of the park, you can find Belgium waffles and seasoned fried at this booth.
- Belgium Liege Waffles(V)- $4.49 Sweet liege waffles with strawberries, whipped cream, chocolate
- Brussels Frites with Roasted Garlic Veganaise(GF, VG)- $3.99 Crispy seasoned fries with 3 dipping sauces: garlic vegenaise, andalouse and joppiesaus
- Hoegaarden Witbier – $5.00
- St. Bernardus Abt. 12 – $9.00
- Lindemans Strawberry Lambic – $9.00
Brazil is located near Animal Actors On Location in the KidZone area.
- Moqueca de Camarao(GF)- $5.49 Shrimp coconut cream stew, white rice, sweet potato curls
- Stuffed Coxinha – $5.49 Crispy pulled chicken tear drop fritters
- Brigadeiros(GF, V)- $4.49 Brazilian classic with condensed milk, cocoa powder, chocolate sprinkles, toasted peanuts
- Pineapple Caipirinha Punch – $7.00
- Strawberry Caipirinha Punch – $7.00
- Mixed Caipirinha – $7.00
You can find Canada near E.T. Adventure in the KidZone area.
- Beef Short Rib Poutine – $7.99 Crispy fries with short rib, cheese curds, demi glaze
- Nutella Doughnut(V)- $6.49 Fried sweetened dough, Nutella, sugar, chopped hazelnuts
- Maple Doughnut(VG)- $6.49 Fried sweetened dough, cinnamon sugar, maple syrup
- Sugar Shack Springtime Punch – $5.00
- Labatt Blue – $5.00
You can find these offerings at the Central Park Crepes location across from Mel’s Drive-In.
- Poached Pear Crème Brulee Crepe(V)- $8.99 Red wine poached pear, vanilla pastry cream, toasted almonds, caramel, crispy sugar topping
- Vidal Fleury Cotes du Rhone Blanc – $6.00
- Notorious Pink – $6.00
- Vieux Chateau Lamothe Bordeaux – $6.00
- Famille Perrin Cotes du Rhone – $6.00
The Germany booth can be found in Hollywood between Mel’s Drive-In and Cafe La Bamba.
- Vegan Bratwurst with Beer Braised Onions(VG)- $8.99 Vegan bratwurst, beer braised onions, spicy mustard, warm baguette
- Bratwurst with Beer Braised Onions – $8.99 Bratwurst, beer braised onions, spicy mustard, warm baguette
- Bavarian Pretzel(V)- $8.49 Warm pretzel, spicy mustard cheese sauce
- Pork Schnitzel Slider – $5.99 Fried pork cutlet, spicy mustard, braised red cabbage, gruyere cheese
- Weihenstephaner Kristalweissbier – $6.00
- Weihenstephaner Vitus – $7.00
- Aecht Schlenkerla Marzen Rauchbier – $7.00
- T Schmidt Riesling Kabinett, Estate – $7.00
Food booths open at 11:00 AM daily. The event is going on now at Universal Studios Florida through March 28th and admission is included with your park ticket or annual pass.
GF – Gluten Free | VG – Vegan | V – Vegetarian
Subscribe for Email Updates
Get the latest updates for Disney, Universal and more straight into your inbox! No spam of course! 😊
TagsMardi Gras 2021 Universal Studios Florida
Alicia is a lifelong Floridian and has been visiting the Orlando theme parks since the age of 3. Her years of experience, both working at and exploring theme parks, allows her a unique perspective for helping others plan and get the most out of their own visits to the Orlando parks.