Huge news for Universal Studios Hollywood! They’re finally set to reopen on Friday, April 16!
Hot off the heels of the Taste of Universal event which let fans back into Universal Studios Hollywood (though no rides or attractions were open), Universal will reopen again soon on April 16!
There will also be a special park preview for Annual and Season Pass Members starting on Thursday, April 15. Tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood will be available to California residents only and can be purchased online beginning on Thursday, April 8.
The theme park will also celebrate Annual and Season Pass Members—who will be among the first to visit—with a series of complimentary Bonus Days on select days from Thursday, April 15 through Sunday, May 16; these Bonus Days can be reserved by Annual and Season Pass Members online starting on Monday, April 5.
Annual and Season Pass Members will be able to resume regular use of their passes starting on Monday, May 17.
While Universal explains most rides and attractions will be open, there may be some closed as they continue to abide by guidelines.
“We are incredibly thrilled to finally be able to open Universal Studios Hollywood, return team members to work and welcome guests back to enjoy our amazing rides,” said Karen Irwin, President & COO, Universal Studios Hollywood. “It has been a very challenging year and we are overjoyed to have arrived at this moment.”
Due to capacity limits, until further notice, guests with unredeemed tickets purchased prior to April 8, 2021 will need to make an advance reservation at www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com for their visit dates.
Guests will be able to experience “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!”, as well as “Jurassic World—The Ride’s”, among some of your other favorite attractions.
Universal Studios Hollywood will also be implementing the following to ensure safety for all guests and employees:
Temperature checks for all Guests upon arrival. If temperatures exceed 100.4° Fahrenheit / 38° Celsius or greater, Guests will not be permitted to enter.
- Face coverings required for all guests throughout their visit. Face coverings also will be available for purchase.
- Controlled capacity within the theme park, and limited occupancy at all CityWalk venues to help enforce physical distancing. Some areas and programs may remain temporarily closed.
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfecting at all food locations, restrooms, and all other high touchpoints.
- Physical distancing practices at all locations throughout the park and at rides and attractions.
- Eating and drinking permitted only in designated dining areas.
- Contactless payment options wherever possible.
Welcome back, Universal Studios Hollywood!