Big news for fans of Universal Studios Hollywood! The park is set to open for a limited ticket event!
Universal has announced the “Taste of Universal”, a separate, limited ticket event where guests will be welcomed back into the park. The event will take place Friday to Sunday from noon to 7:00 p.m.—beginning on Friday, March 12.
Tickets are $44 (+ Tax) on Fridays, and $49 (+ Tax) on Saturdays and Sundays. Children ages 3-9 are $25 (+ Tax) on all dates.
The adult ticket includes 5 food or beverage items (3 for children) with a choice of an array of selections of entrees, snacks, desserts, and beverages.
Guests can enjoy strolling along various places, and here’s all you can enjoy:
- “Springfield, U.S.A.” — Home of The Simpsons featuring Krusty Burger, Suds McDuff’s Hot Dog House, the Lard Lad Donut Cart and Kwik-E-Mart.
- “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™” — Stroll through Hogsmeade village and enjoy shops such as Honeydukes™, Ollivanders™, Owl Post™, Zonko’s™ Joke Shop, Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, Dervish and Banges™, Gladrags Wizardwear and Filch’s Emporium™ of Confiscated Goods, and feast on food favorites, including Three Broomsticks™ Fish & Chips, Sticky Toffee Pudding and Butterbeer.
- The debut of Minion Cafe, a delicious new dining experience, located adjacent to the popular “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” ride, offering such tasty fare as Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Meatballs, Chicken & Bacon Mac and Cheese, and Nutella Banana pudding.
- The Hollywood & Dine section will feature:
- Authentic Mexican fare at Cocina Mexicana with such favorites as Queso Street Tacos, Loaded Nachos all topped with choice of Tinga or Carnita & Birria, Tortilla Cut Chips with Guacamole, Chili Relleno and Elote Corn on the cobb with Lime Crema.
- Hollywood & Dine, the establishment located just inside the theme park’s main entry, serving a selection of comfort foods including, Hot Chicken Sandwich, Clam Chowder in a Sourdough Bowl, Personal Pizza with choice of pepperoni or cheese, Brisket Sliders with Caramelized Onions, Korean Hot Dog, and mini funnel cake.
- City Snack Shop offering grab and go treats such as the quintessential NYC Giant Pretzel, Spicy Pomegranate Glazed Turkey Leg, and the debut of the Crepewich, which features sweet (Banana and Nutella, or Strawberry Chocolate) and savory (club or Spinach and Berry vegetarian) temptations. Yum!
Universal is also making sure to comply with all safety standards to keep its guests safe. Here’s the precautions they’re taking:
- Temperature checks for all Guests upon arrival. If temperatures exceed 100.4° Fahrenheit / 38° Celsius or greater, Guests will not be permitted to enter.
- Face coverings required for all Guests throughout their visit. Face coverings also will be available for purchase.
- Controlled capacity within the theme park, and limited occupancy at all CityWalk venues to help enforce physical distancing. Some areas and programs may remain temporarily closed.
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfecting at all food locations, restrooms, and all other high touch points.
- Physical distancing practices at all locations throughout the park.
- Eating and drinking permitted only in designated outdoor dining areas.
- Contactless payment options wherever possible.
This is a great beginning to getting back inside of Universal Studios Hollywood. For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.