The extensive overhaul happening at Epcot is still in full swing. MouseGear will have its’ final day of operation at its’ current location on January 4th, 2020. MouseGear will reopen in a temporary area inside Innoventions East on January 5th, 2020. It will still be known as MouseGear.
For the character meet-and-greet locations inside Innoventions West, this will also close on January 5th, 2020. Some of these characters will move to a new location while others will be permanently retired for good.
- Mickey Mouse will be relocating to the Disney & Pixar Shorts Film Festival in the queue at the Imagination! Pavilion.
- Minnie Mouse will greet guests at the World Showcase Gazebo.
- Goofy will meet guests at the main entrance near Spaceship Earth.
- Joy will be moving towards the Imagination! Pavilion–near Wreck-It Ralph Imageworks area.
- Sadness and Baymax will be retired and will not be meeting guests at this time.
Newly expanded walkways will open to help traffic flow. Some of these new walkways are already open, such as the Rose Walk. Throughout the month of January, there will be more walkways opening. These walkways will connect the west side of the parks’ Main Entrance to the promenade, near The Seas pavilion with Nemo & Friends.