Adventures by Disney has announced two new itineraries coming to Holland and Belgium. Beginning in 2025, you’ll be able to embark on a river cruise filled with a lot of fun adventures!
Each Holland and Belgium River Cruise will guide guests through historic landmarks and hands-on activities. There will be a traditional tour and a tulip tour. Both will include 18th-century windmills, canal cruises through time-honored neighborhoods, art, architecture, and classic food and drink tastings, as well as city excursions, a pottery activity, visits to castles, biking through the countryside, and more.
The spring tulip cruise will highlight Holland Belgium’s beautiful gardens and a tulip farm.
Here are some of the offerings for the cruise:
- Visiting the windmills at Kinderdijk, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to marvel at the 18th century structures which elegantly represent the origins of water management, industry and trade.
- Touring charming cities and castles and biking along picturesque pathways. Bicycles are provided for the biking option.
- Delighting in the past and present of Royal Delft and learning about the pottery and craftsmanship created since 1653. A hand-painted tile activity will give guests their own unique memento to take home.
- Taking a canal cruise through picturesque neighborhoods and learning the stories behind the historic buildings.
- Discovering the original residence and workshop of Plantin and Moretus publishing, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the technique for how words and images were shared dating back to the 1500s. This visit will include a printing press demonstration and a hands-on activity.
- Admiring the art of Peter Paul Rubens, breathtaking stained glass windows, sculptures and more at Antwerp’s Cathedral of Our Lady, whose Gothic-architecture construction was first started in 1352 and whose belfry is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Enjoying chocolate, cheese, waffles and beer tastings.
The cruises will be an eight-day, seven-night voyage in collaboration with AmaWaterways and will be led by Disney-trained Adventure Guides.
Bookings open to the public on Jan. 19, 2024. Additional information as well as a complete list of newly announced Adventures by Disney travel dates for 2025 are available here.